We attach great importance to the education and training of our students in the field of media skills as well as to the support of learning based on modern media.
- Laptop classes in year 7 since 2007
- Touch-typing courses in year 7
- Specific courses to build up media competence for the years 5 to 10
- ECDL: internationally recognized computer driving licence
- Centre for Media Competence since 2010
- Participation in the school pilot project “lernreich 2.0“ from 2013 to 2016
- Classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboardsand data projector
- Participation in the school pilot project "Digitale Schule 2020" since 2016
Centre for Media Competence
To develop the students’ media competence there is a network including 150 Centres for Media Competence. Casimirianum has been one of these since 2010 due to a sustainable quality development process in the field of media which is documented in the Media Development Plan of the school.
- Strengthening students’ media competence
- Improving the quality of teaching
- Implementing the curriculum for media and methodology
- Teacher training within the school and supraregionally
School pilot project ”lernreich 2.0“
This project, brought to life by Stiftung Bildungspakt Bayern (Foundation Bavarian Education Pact) and the German Ministry of Education, aimed at “Digital Training and Feedback”. At Casimirianum, the classes 7 and 8 took part in the project in the subjects Mathematics, German, Latin and Biology.
- Creation of a pool of tasks and exercises
- Autonomous training and consolidation of what is learned
- Independent survey and correction of the results, partly with automated feedback
- Digital tests
- Cooperation between students and teachers on the learning management system Mebis (Mebis is a platform provided by the Bavarian State to encourage digital education)