In years 5, 6 and 7 the lessons are the same for every student: out of tradition and conviction Latin is taught as the first foreign language. To consolidate the English skills the students have acquired during elementary school, they attend a so-called "Brückenkurs" (bridging course) in year 5. In year 6, they then start learning English as the second foreign language. In year 8, students can choose between three different branches:
- humanistic branch with Ancient Greek as the third foreign language
- modern languages with the choice between French or Spanish as the third foreign language
- scientific-technological branch with focus on Chemistry, Physics and IT
- additionally, in year 10, there is the opportunity to substitute either Latin or English with Spanish or Italian.
Another special feature:
- Introductory class: graduates holding the intermediate secondary school leaving certificate can take their general university entrance qualification after three years at Casimirianum.